Everybody's doin' it...

I've written this first blog post 3 times already because I'm not quite sure how to write a blog...I think I'm just going to settle with what I started with:

So it seems that everyone these days reads blogs, writes blogs, talks about blogs, etc., so I decided to join the masses. Considering I'm in a field that makes it necessary to keep up with trends, and maybe even help set them, I figured I should start a blog of my own just to see how it feels. The purpose of my future career as a copywriter is to get into peoples' heads, connect with them and what better way than to do the things they do? Makes sense to me.

Honestly, the one thing I hate about blogs (yes, I've tried creating one once before) is that you never know when to stop writing, if you've written too much, not enough or if what you're writing is of any importance at all. Our lives are filled with so many restrictions, rules we must follow, boundaries that cannot be crossed and the moment we are given the freedom to create those limits for ourselves, we freak out because we are so used to someone else deciding for us. I know there's a good quote out there that says it better...I'll find it eventually.

Anyway, I haven't decided whether or not there will be a specific theme like "advertising only" or if I'll just describe the random occurrences in my daily life. I suppose it doesn't really matter. What I'm looking forward to most is 20 years down the line when I get to read everything I have written with a whole new perspective on life.

I'm done for now...This whole blogging thing is going to take some getting used to because I keep writing and writing and writing, then I delete it all, then write something similar all over again.